All Canadians should be informed about the firearm’s policies of the Canadian Conservative leadership candidates. Today I reviewed the policies of Maxime Bernier’s. He breaks down his policy into 6 main points:
- Make firearms safety courses more widely available.
- Double the length of firearms licenses from 5 to 10 years.
- Classify firearms based on function, not appearance.
- Repeal magazine size restrictions.
- Reimburse gun owners for property loss resulting from previous gun grabs, and end future grabs.
- Reclassify firearms through law in Parliament instead of the RCMP or cabinet.
As I read more about item 6 in the list above I realized that this is a serious issue. As Mr Bernier states on his website:
Reclassifying firearms has serious implications. Legal firearms owners can be make criminals at the stroke of a pen. I will put an end to this. If firearms are to be reclassified, a law must be passed in Parliament. That way politicians can be held accountable for changing firearms classifications by their constituents.
I encourage readers to educate themselves more on firearms. One way to do so, is to read more at the link provided below.